We live busy, stressful lives. Most of us who live in major cities like Mumbai and Delhi dream of the time we can get away into the lap of nature and spend a few hours of serenity in a wooded area or by the side of a gurgling brook. Scientific studies back these vacation fantasies of us as well. According to a research paper published in the UK, there is evidence that spending time around green spaces and water can vastly improve mental and physical health. Some scientists also believe that the presence of fish tanks around your home can bring a calming effect and help relieve stress.
Apart from the wonderful benefits of fish tanks and aquariums, they are also some of the top home décor items to consider if you want to level up your room.
1. Partition aquarium - Modern flats and apartments have a free-flowing design incorporating living and dining areas. A partition can obstruct the flow of light and ventilation and make each space look smaller. Using a long rectangular aquarium or fish tank is the perfect solution. Not only does it allow for two distinct areas without blocking them off, but it also offers a beautiful view and makes for a great centrepiece.
2. Foyer fish bowl – The foyer area is often the most neglected in a home. Built-in shoe racks are challenging to accessorise, and the lack of natural light does not allow for the placement of plants. A fish bowl is just the right element you want here. Add some small but pretty fish and watch the foyer area light up. This is also one of the first things that catch the eye when you come home and puts a smile on your face as you enter.
3. Coffee table aquarium - Replacing a regular coffee table with a beautiful aquarium and a glass top is just the touch of magic your living room needs. This piece combines the aesthetics of an aquarium with just the right contours and design of a coffee table. The light placement in or around the fish tank also lends a beautiful glow to your living space. The tank's plants, fishes, and accessories make great conversations.
4. Wall art fish tanks - If you love large fish tanks and are a passionate aquarist, it is a good idea to opt for a built-in aquarium on one of your walls. In the living room, this expansive fish tank can replace the accent wall and be the only attraction you need. A built-in aquarium in the bedroom can bring a deep sense of serenity and calm and help you relax better.
5. Pillar aquariums – If you are booking a flat or an apartment at the construction stage, it may be well worth discussing the possibility of installing a pillar aquarium. Besides providing a 360-degree view of the water life, this is a great way to level up your interiors and add colour to your home. Adding coral relief or underwater plants takes up your pillar aquariums a notch and adds glamour to your home.
6. Kid's room fish tanks – Fishes are easy-to-maintain pets, and adding a beautiful fish tank to your kids' room can be a great way to teach them to care for pets. A fish tank in the children's room adds a touch of wonder, helps them get interested in science and nature, and gives them a sense of pride as well.
The best direction to place your fish tank
Vastu Shastra, the ancient Indian study of home designing, construction, and harmonious living, endorses the placement of an aquarium or fish tank in your home. There are specific stipulations, though.
According to Vastu, the best direction for a fish tank is the southeast. This direction is harmonious for the water element, and placing an aquarium with colourful fishes brings positivity.
The fish tank should not be placed in the south of the home because this could drain your wealth and impede prosperity.
A clean and clear fish tank is one of the top aquarium ideas for living rooms. But cleaning out the tank regularly and using an air pump to keep the energy from stagnating is also important.
Feeding fish regularly can attract good karma. So, if you have an aquarium, do not neglect to feed and care for them.
Fish tanks and aquariums have a unique place in our homes. They add life and movement as opposed to inanimate home decor accessories. They bring a plethora of natural colours, and the plants, rocks, and other pieces in the tank remind us of the power and beauty of nature. Fishes are the most unobtrusive of pets and always keep us company. Installing a fish tank is a great way to improve your home aesthetics.
So, you’ve found your dream home, arranged for the finances to purchase it, and are now ready to live your desired life carefree. But amidst all that, as a new or prospective home buyer, you must not let one critical part of the property purchase process go unnoticed: the sales agreement!
Picture yourself in the vibrant heart of Navi Mumbrai, where luxury meets opportunity and a sense of community thrives. Welcome to Sanpada, a locality that has swiftly risen to prominence in the world of real estate. With a coveted pin code of 400705, Sanpada offers a dynamic landscape of living options. Boasting over 350 properties for purchase and more than 100 for rent, it's no wonder residents rate this neighbourhood an impressive 4.5/5 for connectivity and a solid 4.3/5 for safety.
In today's rapidly changing world of commerce, where the ability to adjust and be versatile is pivotal for prosperity, the selection of suitable office premises can wield considerable influence. Amongst the numerous alternatives at hand, two particular terms frequently gain prominence: secured office areas and virtual office settings. Although each possesses its own strengths, they are distinctly purposed. To effectively comprehend the distinctions and arrive at a well-informed choice, it becomes imperative to delve into the dissimilarities between these two alternatives.