Mumbai is known by several monikers, including the City of Dreams, Maximum City and of course, the City that Never Sleeps. It is one of India’s most coveted and premium housing markets, offering a plethora of options for homebuyers and investors. The city is also home to several prime locations that are also among the most-coveted residential neighbourhoods in the country. Here is a closer look at the best areas to live in Mumbai.
Top Residential Localities in Mumbai
These are some of the best areas to live in Mumbai if you prefer excellent connectivity, access to transportation and social amenities and a better quality of life.
- Juhu- Any discussion of Mumbai’s best residential localities is incomplete without mentioning Juhu. It is akin to the Beverly Hills of Mumbai, home to the city’s leading Bollywood celebrities and icons. Juhu has an expansive seafront, with the sprawling Juhu Beach and some of the city’s trendiest restaurants, cafes, pubs, retail stores and a lot more. There are several famous residents of the neighbourhood including Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and Sunny Deol, Akshay Kumar and many others. There are several reputed educational institutions, hospitals and shopping malls nearby.
- Malabar Hill- One of the most exclusive places to own property in Mumbai, Malabar Hill is the pride of South Mumbai and is home to some of the country’s biggest business tycoons and the political elite of the State of Maharashtra, including the Chief Minister. It offers wonderful views of the Arabian Sea from three sides and is known for the Chowpatty and Hanging Gardens. It also offers cutting-edge infrastructure, privacy and elevated lifestyles to residents.
- Cuffe Parade- Another one of the best areas to live in Mumbai, Cuffe Parade stands out for its exclusivity, located at the southern end of the city in proximity to Nariman Point. It is amongst the city’s poshest locations and is home to several attractions including the World Trade Centre and Maker Towers. It also offers excellent connectivity to almost all parts of Mumbai while coming with top-notch social amenities in terms of educational institutions, hospitals, shopping centres and other necessities.
- Bandra- Known as the Queen of the Suburbs in Mumbai, Bandra is another hotspot for those looking for an exclusive and upmarket lifestyle. It is home to a beautiful bandstand and is well-connected to several parts of the city through the Bandra-Worli Sealink. It is also known for its quaint and historical structures, shopping streets, plush boutiques, cafes, restaurants, nightclubs and a lot more. Bandra is home to numerous icons like Sachin Tendulkar, Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Aamir Khan and many others.
- Tardeo- This is one locality which is home to some of Mumbai’s oldest and most respected families along with leading industrialists. It is located in the heart of South Mumbai and houses super-exclusive thoroughfares like Altamount Road where Mukesh Ambani stays in the jaw-dropping Antilia building. Tardeo is also home to several business hubs and educational and healthcare institutions. It is one of India’s costliest real estate locations.
- Worli- Another famous location in Mumbai, it is connected to several parts of the city through the Sealink and other major thoroughfares. Worli offers an expansive seafront along with excellent social amenities for its residents. The area is home to several celebrities including Yuvraj Singh, Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli and many others. The fabulous views of the Arabian Sea, Bandra-Worli Sealink and Race Course define the locality while it also offers shopping hubs, restaurants, nightclubs and cafes aplenty. It is also in proximity to Lower Parel and many other business hubs of the city.
- Versova- An unassuming yet posh locality, Versova is known for its extensive shoreline and charming beach. It is home to several Bollywood celebrities like Sushmita Sen, Tabu and Arshad Warsi, to name a few. There are several major localities in close proximity to the area which also offers abundant greenery for its residents. There are several malls, educational institutions, hospitals and other amenities surrounding the locality.
- Colaba- An exclusive and charming neighbourhood, Colaba fuses modern glamour with historical splendour. It is one of the poshest areas in the city and is home to many of its elite citizens like Ratan Tata and others. Easy access to the seafront is a major plus point along with distinctive theatres, museums, galleries, shopping streets, boutiques, cafes, restaurants and a lot more.
These are some of the best areas to live in Mumbai. Of course, the city has several other coveted neighbourhoods including Breach Candy, Mahalaxmi, Lower Parel, Walkeshwar, Andheri, Goregaon, Vile Parle, Khar and more. These are all localities with their own distinct charm and appeal, while offering access to premium lifestyles for their residents.