The kitchen is the centre of every home. It is where you spend long hours planning and cooking delicious meals for the family, where you and your loved ones eat, laugh, spend time, and make memories. It’s the place you head to at the start of the day for your cup of joe, and it’s the last place you go for some warm milk before retiring to bed. It is where you entertain, cook up a storm on festive days, and fix yourself comfort food when things become overwhelming.
So when it comes to revamping your kitchen décor, it is time to pull out all stops.
- Picking the right colours – The play of light and colour in your kitchen can serve to highlight the food prep and dining areas while giving it the ultimate sophisticated look. Your choice of colours depends mainly on your choice, but before you go in for an all-white look, it is important to consider the totality of the design. Greys, off-whites, taupe, blue, and olives can be used to complement the colour scheme for a royal and elegant look. Pick from tiles that offer a hint of colour without being excessively distracting or jarring for a more sophisticated design.
- All in the materials - While hardwood has always been popular, there may be better choices for kitchen surfaces such as countertops and slabs. Granite, marble, and quartz now take the top spot. These natural materials are available in a variety of rich colours and patterns that are hard to replicate, giving your kitchen a stunning yet unique look. Hard, resistant, and waterproof - these are key advantages in maintaining functionality and aesthetics in the long run. What is more, they look stunning when complemented with glass, gold-plated, and stainless-steel fixtures and accents.
- Custom design FTW – Pre-designed modular kitchen, while very efficient, can be quite dull. Particularly for homeowners with large families or those who love to entertain. Make your kitchen the heart and soul of your home, and opt for custom designs. Open kitchen or hidden storage, island dining setup or vastu-compliance – whatever it is that you are looking for, bespoke kitchen designs are all in vogue. While going in for a kitchen remodel, it is important to remember that this is one space where you need expertise in space planning and aesthetics, plumbing, home appliance installation, lighting, and more. Getting professional help incorporating these elements is definitely an advantage.
- Space and style – The secret to designing the perfect luxury kitchen, one that makes you want to summon up every culinary skill you have, is the ideal blend of space and style. Cabinets, for example, are one of the most defining features of any kitchen. Installing smooth, push-to-touch cabinets and drawers can be just as convenient as elegant. Picking a classy look may involve marrying your need for space and separation with a traditional wood finish, but for the edgy look sky's the limit. Pick from a variety of modern water and heat proof materials for the stylish kitchen of your dreams.
- Luxury Must-haves - The highlight of your kitchen must be the top-of-the-line appliances you pick. From an intelligent double-door refrigerator to a smart oven, your smartphone can now connect and control nearly every kitchen device. Opting for high-end kitchen appliances and food processors may add to the expense, but the comfort and convenience they provide in the long run remain unparalleled. Do indulge yourself and pick out the very best of bread makers, coffee makers, crockpots, electric grills, and hob ranges, making it the luxury kitchen you’ve always wanted.
- Modern trends – Modern kitchen revamps ideas must include lighting plans. Concealed under-the-counter lighting can make food prep easy and add glow to your luxury kitchen without being excessively bright. Adding an exquisitely designed chandelier offers the elegance of fine dining in the intimate setting of your kitchen island. Balancing functionality with beauty can be a tightrope, but it can add a lot of character to your kitchen. Opt for concealed spaces that can hold appliances like crockpots, food processors, and blenders. This gives a clean, open look and keeps the kitchen counters from becoming cluttered. Narrow spaces can be converted into pull-out spice racks and also used to hang spoons, ladles, and pans. Making space for all the dinnerware and glassware without being ostentatious lends your kitchen the right level of sophistication.
To design the kitchen of your dreams or to revamp your existing kitchen and give it a modern upgrade, it is a good idea to work with a creative designer who is up-to-date with the latest trends and has a good understanding of the needs of an Indian kitchen. You may also want to research different kitchen materials and flip through some interior designing magazines or browse through Pinterest for unique, creative, and really wonderful storage solutions.