Buying a home may be the fulfilment of your dream, but it can also be a very expensive move. With the downpayment made and monthly EMIs starting out, it is always a good idea to cut down on the interior design budget but look for simple but innovative solutions. These can give your home a glamorous look without an expense to match.
1. Painting it right – Designing your bathroom starts with a fresh coat of paint. Numerous Pinterest boards and Instagram trends will tell you that you need expensive wallpapers and accessories to make a bathroom look luxurious, but they are not quite right. Your bathroom is your private space – a place where you take long showers and leave behind the day’s stress. Painting the bathroom in light, soft colours or adding floral or natural designs makes it a much more attractive and unwinding experience. You can use DIY kits or paint freehand if you are good with craftwork. Alternatively, you can go all black and white if you like a classy look.
2. Peel and plush – Paint jobs are not all that your bathroom needs. The faucet and sink area needs elegant-looking tiles to give your bathroom the rich, regal look that you value. This can be achieved by looking for reclaimed tiles at a steal or using the floor tiles that you are planning to replace with slabs or floorboards. Another great alternative is finding waterproof peel-and-stick tiles that look just as sophisticated and get the job done at a much lesser cost.
3. Flooring the guests – In most metro cities like Mumbai, space is always in short supply. Your bathroom design ideas must incorporate a way to make the space look larger, lighter, and more airy. Light-coloured flooring is the way to go. Look for inexpensive tiles in simple weave designs or something with a marbled effect to make the space look larger and reflect the light. Avoid dark and heavy tiles or materials like granite which can be a money guzzler. Opt for cotton floor rugs instead of expensive bathmats; you will have a budget-friendly and eco-friendly bathroom.
4. Reclaiming glamour – Add a touch of glamour and glitz by adding shelves or a ladder to your bathroom. This is not just the place to store your bathroom essentials; it is also the accent that adds beauty to your bathroom. While you are looking to do all this on a shoestring, it may be a good idea to scour local markets for reclaimed wood or use old floorboards that are in good condition. Sanding and painting over them make for a great start. Hire a local woodworker or take over this revamp as a pet DIY project to add your personal touch.
5. Wicker wonder – Accessorising your bathroom gives it an elegant and sophisticated look that will have guests swooning when they visit. Little rolls of hand towels, a larger basket for the washcloths and a smaller one to hold your shampoo, conditioner, body wash, a place for the bath oils, and a small candle holder – just the things that you need to feel like a royal bath. When working on a budget, skip the high-end home stores in the mall and look for local wicker or cane weavers. Cane baskets and holders look very elegant but come at a fraction of the cost.
6. Accessorising them right – Picking the right décor and accessories for your bathroom can be mind boggling, particularly if you don’t want to spend a lot. But with some creativity, you can get this right. Small plants that do not require a lot of sunlight can be a lifesaver. They add a lot of positive energy and just the right pop of soothing greens. Scour local markets for wall art that stands out but doesn’t cost much. You can also try your hand at crafts and decoupage and come up with elegant napkin holders, toothbrush holders, storage jars, and trinket holders.
7. Fresh and fragrant – While coming up with bathroom designs, most homeowners overlook the obvious. Bathrooms are often damp, and this makes them humid and pungent places. If your bathroom has a large window, removing wooden shades or blinds and adding soft lace or net curtains may be a good idea. These provide adequate privacy but can be pulled back to let the sunlight in. Place fresh flowers every day and add some scented candles to make your bathroom an oasis of comfort.
Designing a luxurious yet budget friendly bathroom for you and your family may require a bit of research and effort. Look up various interior design blogs, Pinterest boards, and DIY videos online to get a clear picture of what you would like your bathroom to look like. It is also important to maintain quality when picking fixtures, tiles, and slabs to ensure long term comfort.
The pursuit of the ideal apartment in Thane often leads prospective buyers on a quest that transcends the traditional realm of real estate brokers. In today's digital age, where information flows seamlessly, homebuyers are venturing into uncharted territory to unearth hidden gems in the Thane real estate market.
In the latest episode of the spate of celebrity weddings, Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament (MP) Raghav Chadha tied the knot with popular Bollywood beauty Parineeti Chopra. The wedding was a royal and rich affair, and the ceremony held in Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, was closely followed by fans across the country. Raghav and Parineeti are the latest power couple in town, and the news is full of stories about their lives and lifestyles. Both Raghav and Parineeti own large and luxurious homes.
The main entranceway to your new home is the first impression of the ambience and warmth of your household. A solid wooden door exudes elegance and sophistication and makes a favourable impression. A well-designed door enhances the interiors of the home and adds to the value of your property as well.