Ghatkopar East: Connectivity, Infrastructure, and Prices
Mar 12, 2023
A growing residential zone in the eastern part of Mumbai, Ghatkopar East offers its residents both mid-range and premium-level housing. Price insights suggest buyers prefer properties for less than ₹50 lakhs, with the demand for 1 BHK being the highest, with top developers such as Adityaraj Group, Akshay Group, Alag Group, and Heritage Group having some exciting projects lined up in the pipeline. The upcoming neighbourhood houses a population of over 1.4 lakhs spread over an area of 3.75 sq. km.
One of the prime localities in the commercial capital, those looking to buy a property in Ghatkopar East are less likely to face issues such as load shedding and water scarcity. Here are some reasons behind the growing traction in the eastern suburb.
- Upcoming residential projects
- Availability of flats for rent
- Growing social infrastructure and connectivity
- Developers offering world-class amenities.
However, this blog will primarily focus on factors such as connectivity, infrastructure, and prices. Nevertheless, let's look at why parking your money in Ghatkopar East is a safe option.
Benefiting from a strategic location, Ghatkopar offers an efficient network of roads and railways.
- Easy access to the Eastern Express Highway.
- The recently built flyover arm on the Ghatkopar-Andheri junction on the Eastern Express highway will help reduce traffic towards South Mumbai.
- Other roadways for efficient commuting include Barrister Nath Pai Road, Ghatkopar-Mankhurd Link Road, Ghatkopar-Mahul Road, and LBS Marg.
- The recently launched ac bus services between Ghatkopar and Vashi railways stations ease the link with Navi Mumbai.
- The frequency of local trains is every 5 minutes towards Thane and CST.
- Connecting other areas of Mumbai through the Ghatkopar railway station on the central line.
- The Ghatkopar Metro Station present on Blue Line 1 (Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar).
- Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is within 7km.
- Proximity to employment hubs like Andheri East and BKC within 9km.
Boasting a robust infrastructure, plenty of residential properties are available in Ghatkopar East in 1 BHK and 2 BHK configurations, with an area ranging between 400-900 sq. feet. The majority of the housing stock in the location comprises of ready to move units. The eastern suburb offers its residents world-class social infrastructure through top educational and healthcare services.
- Kangaroo Kids Playschool and Nursery
- Universal School
- Garodia International School
- Arya Vidya Gurukul School
- KPM High School
- Theresa High School
- K.J. Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology
- Kohinoor Business School
- Parakh Hospital
- Sanjeevani Hospital
- Vivek Maternity and Nursing Home
- Jeevandeep Children Hospital Mumbai
- Shradha Heart Hospital
- Mumbai Eye Care Multi-Speciality Hospital
- Leela Business Park
- Powai Supreme Business Park
- Hiranandani Business Park
- Pinnacle Business Park
- Neelkanth Corporate IT Park
- Neelkanth Business Park
- Mirchandani Business Park
- Raiaskaran Tech Park
- Hanuman Temple
- Siddhivinayak Temple
- Shivram Mandir
- Saibaba Mandir
- Holy Cross Church
- Tahera Masjid
- Standard Chartered Bank ATM
- ICICI Bank ATM
- Bank of Baroda ATM
- Bank of Rajasthan ATM
- Neelyog Square
- Sahakar Plaza Cinema
- Inox Neelyog
- Big Cinemas
- Joggers Park
- Cheddha Nagar Reserved Forest
- CRWA grounds
An upcoming neighbourhood in eastern Mumbai, properties in Ghatkopar East has appreciated over 10.6% in the past five years, with the current average price per sq. foot being an estimated ₹22,750. Offering a mix of mid-range and premium housing, the eastern suburb provides a range of options. According to a study conducted over the last six months, most buyers prefer homes within the ₹50 lakh price range. Renting out your property on a lease could fetch you an average rent of ₹56,150, with the rent amounts having increased by 17.11% over the past year.
Here are some other benefits of investing in a property in Ghatkopar East.
- Abundant public spaces: An reasonably developed suburb, Ghatkopar East is regularly maintained and has several ornate areas like the Vikrant Circle and Orion Circle. The Rajawadi Garden and the Vihar Lake are some other examples.
- High return on investment: There is enough data from the above blog to suggest that investing in a property in Ghatkopar East would offer you a surplus, given the sizeable appreciation rate of 13.31% last year.
For those looking to buy a property in Ghatkopar East, we at Blox are here to help you, reducing your entire home-buying process to 7 clicks, offering the following USPs.
- Exclusive Properties
- Site Visits
- 0% Brokerage
- Constant connect
- Online Booking
There is no doubt that Ghatkopar East has established itself as one of the most investible locations in Mumbai, offering the perfect mix of connectivity, infrastructure, and prices. The eastern suburb has seen an evident spike in demand for residential properties, with Mumbaikars wanting a better quality of life, offering a cleaner and greener environment. Hopefully, the above blog has helped you gain an overview of Ghatkopar East.